|Name||Dr. Muhammad Yousuf|
|Designation||Professor & Chairman|
|Last Degree||Ph.D (DU)|
Please Add Publication
Please add something
Mohammad Yousuf (Ph.D)
Professor & chairperson
Department of Arabic
Faculty of Arts
University of Dhaka. Dhaka-1000.
Translation of an Arabic book on Islamic Economics named “ Dirasah Shariyah leahammi Al uqud Al maliyah Al mustahdasah”
1. U.G.C. Scholarship for securing highest Marks in B.A. (Hons) in Arabic.
2. Scholarship from the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia to study Licentiate at the International Islamic University of Medina.
3. Saydur Rahman Foundation Scholarship for securing highest Marks in M.A. in Arabic in 1996.
4. Nasirunnesa Foundation Scholarship for securing First Class First Position in M.A. in Arabic in 1996.
1.“Mazahir Unnahda fil-Adab al-`Arabi al-`Hadis” (Diversity of the Renaissance in the Modern Arabic Literature), Dhaka University Arabic Journal, Vol.4, No.4-5, June, 1998.
2.“Ibnkhaldun wa Dirasatun Mu’jizatun ‘an Muqaddamatihi” (A Brief Analysis on Ibn Khaldun & his Muqaddamah), Dhaka University Arabic Journal, Vol.5, No.6, June, 2000.
3.“Arabi Godda Shahitter Bikash (610 Christabda Porjanto)” (Development of Arabic Prose upto 610 AD.) Published in “Dhaka University Potrika ,” No.66, February,2000.
4. "Islami Jugey Arabi Godda Shahitta, 612-750 Christabda Porjanto " (The Prose During the Era of Islam, from 612 to 750 AD)”, Published in Islamic Foundation Potrika, Dhaka. April –June, 2002.
5. "Al Ara al Lugabiya inda Smahatish shikh Abil Hasan al Nadbi" (Linguistic Views of Sheikh Abul Hasan Nadbi), Dhaka
6. “Nash-A-tul Balagah Wa Tatawaruha `Hattal Qarn aas Salis al Hizri ”(The Origin of the Rhetoric and its Development upto 3rd Hijri), Dhaka University Arabic Journal, Vol. 7 No.8, June, 2002.
7. "Syed Abul Hasan Ali Nadbhir Dini Da’wat Darshan: Akti Dharmo Tattik Porjalochana" (The Philosophy of Religious Preaching of Syed Abul Hasan Ali Nadbi: a Theological Review), Published by Dorshon O Progoti, Gobinda dev darson Gobeshana kendra, Dhaka University, June- December, 2003.
8."Quran O Hadiser Dristite Matri Bhasha Chorchar Gurutta" (The Importance of Exercise of Mother Language in View of The Quran and The Sunnah), Published in Islamic Foundation Potrika , Dhaka, October- December, 2003.
9."Masadiru Dukhulil Lugatil Arabia wa Nashatuha fe Bangladesh: Dirasah Tahliliyah" (The Sources of the Entrance of Arabic Language into Bangladesh and its Inception: an Analytic Discussion), Dhaka University Arabic Journal, June, 2003.
10."Musahamatu Mohammad Mandur fi Tatawrin Nakd al Arabi al Hadis" (Contributions of Mohammad Mandur in Developing the Criticism of Modern Arabic), Dhaka University Arabic Journal, June, 2004.
11."Al Hams fish Sher al Arabi `inda Mohammad Mandur" (The Mumble in Arabic Poetry to Mohammad Mandur), Dhaka University Arabic Journal, June, 2005.
12."Islamic Darson O Matri Bhasha Chorcha "(The Islamic Philosophy and the Exercise of Mother Language), Published by Dorshon O Progoti, Gobinda Dev Darson Gobeshana Kendra, Dhaka University, July-December, 2005.
13."Poribesh, Shabda Dushan O Islam" (The Environment, Sound Pollution and Islam), Published by Islamic Foundation Potrika, Dhaka, July-September, 2005.
14."Hadis Bhittik Imam Bukharir Shikha Gobeshona: Unmukta Dur Shikhar Prathomic Dharona" (The Academic Research of Imam Bukhari based on the Sunnah: The Primary Concept of Open and Distance Education), Published by Islamic Foundation Potrika, Dhaka, July-September, 2006.
15.“Islamic Mode of Financing and Banking vs. Traditional Mode of Financing and Banking and Necessary Patronization in the Context of Present Position in Bangladesh : Some Propositions.” (In assistance with Md. Nazim Uddin Bhuyan, FCMA Associate Professor, Dept. of Accounting & Information System, University of Dhaka.) Published in Islamic Studies Journal of Dr. Serajul Haque Islamic Research Centre, First& Second Volume, First Issue, January- December 2006, University of Dhaka.
16.“Ta’limu Maharatil Kitabah wa Ahammiyatiha wa Asalibu Ta’limiha” (The Teaching of Writting Skill and its Importance And The Method of Teaching of Writting Skill), Published by the JOURNAL OF The Indian Academy of Arabic, Department of Arabic, Muslim University, Aligarh, INDIA, Vol. 26, No. 1-2, 2006-2007AD.
17."Arabi Kabba Sahitta: Utpotti o Krama Bikash: 460-1258 A.D."(Arabic Poetry: Origin and Development: 460-1258 A.D.) Published by the Journal of Social Science and Humanities, Bangladesh Open University.
Books written independently:
Books Written for National Education Board:
Books written as Resource person of Islamic Foundation Bangladesh:
Researches under my Supervision:
A) Ph.D researches
1) Md. Moniruzzaman (Ph.D) : “Mushamatu shu’ara ar rabeta al-kalamiyah fil adabil arabi al-Mihzari.”(The contributions of the Poets of Pen Society in Arabic Literature of Abroad) (Awarded)
2) Md. Zahirul Islam (Ph.D) : “Mushamatu shu’ara al-usbag al-undul siyah firshiril arabi al-mihzari” (The Contributions of the poets of Undul Siyah movement in Arabic Literature of Abroad). (Ongoing)
3) Md. Arshadul Hasan (Ph.D) : “Al –muazanah baynal arabiyah al-fosihah al-kadimah wal hadisah” ( A comparative Study between Modern and Ancient Written Arabic Language) (Ongoing).
4) Md. Belal Hossain (Ph.D): “The poetic intellect of Egyptian Arabic poet Ismail Sabri Basha” (Ongoing)
5) Mosleh Uddin (Ph.D): “Studying Al-Quran at the secondary level of Bangladesh: Problems and Solutions” (awarded)
7) Javed Ahmad (Ph.D) : “Social rights of women in Islam” (Ongoing)
8) Muhammad Muzammil Haq (PhD) A comparative study between Tawfiq Al-Hakim and Ali Ahmad Baksir’s Drama. (Ongoing)
9) Shamsul Karim (PhD) Qasidah al Burdah of the poets Kab ibn Zuhayr and Sharfuddin al Busiri: Background, Subject & Art (Ongoing)
B) M.Phil researches:
1) Md. Nesar Uddin (M.Phil) : “Role of Mowlana Gazi Imamuddin in spreading Islam and in religious reformation(1788-1857)” in 2007. (awarded)
2) Md. Aminul Hoque, (M.Phil): “Poet Al Barudi as an administrator and an war specialist ” in 2010. (awarded)
3) Abdul Moktader (M.Phil) : “Role of Abdul Hamid in practicing Arabic and in establishing Islamic Values in Bangladesh.” 2012
4) Javed Ahmad (M.Phil) : “ Role of Hazrat Ayesha (R) in narrating Hadith” in (2010) (awarded)
5) Khalilur Rahman (M.Phil): “Practice of Hadith in Bengal in pre-British Muslim Period(1201-1757)” (awarded)
6) Muhammad Mostafizur Rahman (M.Phil): “Nature and Characteristics of Kitabul Kharaz written be Imam Abu Yusuf” (awarded)
7) Md. Junaed (M.Phil) “The necessity and implications of Business Arabic : A pedagogical approach to Bengali learners” (Ongoing)
8) Mohammad Nuruddin (M.Phil) “Asceticism and Sufism in Arabic poetry (610-900)”
9) Murshida Mim (Mphil) “Arabic Romantic Poetry: Origin and Development (till 750 )”
10) Sayeduzzaman (Mphil) কাজী নজরুল ইসলামের ইসলামী কবিতা : বৈশিষ্ট্য ও আরবী শব্দের প্রয়োগ (Awarded)
11) Abdul Karim Shaheen (Mphil) সমাজ বিবর্তনে ইবনে খালদুনের অবদান (ongoing)
1. Professor/Lecturer Selection Board of the Department of Arabic, Dhaka University, Dhaka, nominated by Chancellor and President, Peoples Republic of Bangladesh.
2. Professor/Lecturer Selection Board of the Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies, Chittagong University, Chittagong, nominated by Chancellor and President, Peoples Republic of Bangladesh.
3. Lecturer Selection Board of Department of Islamic Studies, Jahangirnagar University College, Dhaka.
4. Professor/Lecturer Selection Board of Department of Arabic, Rajshahi University, Rajshahi.
5. Professor/Lecturer Selection Board of Department of Arabic, Bangladesh Open University, Gajipur.
6. The Selection Board for Religious Teachers of Bangladesh Army (2004).
7. Member of Sharia Council, Agrani Bank Islamic Branch, Bangladersh.
8. Member of Bangladesh Asiatic Society, Dhaka.
9. Member of board of advanced studies, Islamic Arabic University, Bangladesh.
10. Member of board of advanced studies, Institute of Modern Languages, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
11. Member of board of governors Institute of Modern Languages, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
12. Member of Sharia supervising committee, zenith life insurance.
13. Member of Academic committee, Bangladesh Madarasha Education board
14. Chairman of the governing body of Hatiya Rahmania Degree Madrasah, Hatiya, Noakhali.
B. Co-ordinator: CALP (Certificate in Arabic Language Proficiency), A Programme of Bangladesh Open University (BOU), since 1999.
C. Trainer: Bangladesh Madrasah Teachers Training Institute (BMTTI), on the Subject of Teaching System of Functional Arabic Language (aiming to develop learners' spoken skill) since 2003.
D.Guest Speaker: Department of Islamic Studies of the Southeast University of Bangladesh (2005).
E. Programme Co-ordinator of Communicative Arabic Language Programme, (Arabi kothopokothon) Bangladesh Television.
Training, Workshop and Conferences:
1) Performing pilgrimage to Makah as a royal guest of Saudi Government
2) An article has been submitted to Islamic Foundation for Islamic Encyclopedia under the title of: glorification of the Prophet Mohammad (SM)
3) Joining to the Training program of the Trainers (ToT) at Doha, Qatar from 15 to 19 January 2017, for the 4th International Universities Arabic Debate Championship.