Name: Professor Dr. Zafar Ahmed Bhuiyan
Date of Birth: 01.03.1969
Current Position: Professor, Department of Urdu, University of Dhaka. Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Lecturer: Department of Urdu, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh from 3rd December, 1995 to 16th March, 1998.
Assistant Professor: Department of Urdu, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh from 17th March, 1998 to 27th May, 2003.
Associate Professor: Department of Urdu, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh from 28th May, 2003 to 16th March, 2007.
Professor: Department of Urdu, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh from 15th March, 2007 to till now.
Present Address: 56/H North Fullar Road, Dhaka University Residential area, Dhaka University, Dhaka 1000.
Permanent Address: Vill & P.O.- Aliyarpur, P.S.- Begumgonj, Dist.- Noakhali, Bangladesh.
Specialization: History of Urdu Literature in Bangladesh & Urdu Poet Ahsan, Ashk Life & Thought.
Ph.D (PhD topic: Ahsan Ahmad Ashk: Life & Thought, Year 2003)
M.A. in Urdu Literature, First Class First Position, Exam Year 1989, University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
B. A. (Hon's.) in Urdu Literature, Second Class First Position, Exam Year 1988, University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
SSC & HSC Dhaka Board, Group of Arts, 1983 & 1985
List of the Research Publication
1. Ahsan Ahmad Ashk: Jibon, Karma O Chinta by, Zafar Ahmed Bhuiyan. Published by Zahidur Rahman, Director, (In Charge) Research Completion and Folklore Division, Bangla Academy, Dhaka-1000. First Edition, Jan: 2008.
2. Sir Syed Ahmad Rachanaboli, by Dr. Zafar Ahmed Bhuiyan, Published by Jhinge phul, Financed by University Grant Commission Dhaka- 2009.
3. Urdu Shahittya Bangadeshider Obodan, Bish-Shawtok, Published by Kamiab Prokashon, Published 2002, Dhaka- 1100.
4. Bangladesh-E-Urdu Shahittya (Urdu Literature in Bangladesh). by Dr. Zafar Ahmed Bhuiyan, Published by Kamiab Prokashon, Bangla Bazar, Published Date: July 2004, Dhaka- 1100.
5. Urdu Shahittya (Bangladesh Shanskrity Shomikkhamala Language & Literature volume) by Dr. Zafar Ahmed Bhuiyan, Bangladesh Asiatic Society, Dhaka- 1000.
6. Ahsan Ahmad Ashk Nirbachito Urdu Kobita Shomuho, Translate & Edited by: Dr. Zafar Ahmed Bhuiyan, Published by Mizan Publisher, 38/4 Bangla Bazar, Dhaka- 1100.
7. Valobasar Subash, Translated by Dr. Zafar Ahmed Bhuiyan, Published by Mizan Publisher, 38/4, Bangla Bazar, Dhaka- 1100.
1. “Man and Humanity in Iqbal’s Poetry” shahittya Patrika. 42 Year, 2nd issue shahitay Journal, Dept. of Bengali, Dhaka University. Falgun-1405(Ben), 1902 English.
2. ‘Urdu and Persian Literature Study in Dhaka’ Islamic Foundation Journal, July- September 1999 Dhaka- 1205.
3. Dr. Muhammad Iqbal and relevant with the Modern world. The Dhaka University Journal of Arabic, June- 2001, Vol- 6, Issue-7.
4. `The Importance of Allama Shibly No’mani as a Historical Personality’ Islamic Foundation Journal, Volume-31, Publication 1999.
5. Contribution some Teachers and Students for the Development of Urdu literature in Dept. of Persian & Urdu. In the Souvenir of 75 years celebration, Dept. of Persian & Urdu University of Dhaka. September- 1996.
6. ‘Contribution of Nawab Syed Muhammad Azad to Urdu Literature’ Islamic Foundation Journal, July- September 2000, Dhaka.
7. Impact of Hadith-e-Navavi to Arabic Language and Literature The Dhaka University Arabic Journal. June- 2002, Vol-7 Issue- 8.
8. The famous Persian Poet Abul Alim Asem the second Annual conference Souvenir ofAnjumane Farsi of Bangladesh October 2002, Dhaka.
9. Contribution of Bangladesh to Urdu Literature, Kamyab Publications, Bangla Bazar, Dhaka. July- 2002.
10. Man and Nature in the poet Iqbal’s thoughts” Journal of Philosophy and progress, Department of Philosophy. Dhaka University.
11. Cheating is a social Disease, Islamic laws to eradicate it, A Journal of Islamic University, Kustiya, January- December 2003.
12. Urdu Language before 1947 in East Bangle. Adab Urdu Research Journal, Augt 2004, 12/1 Sir Solimullah Road, Mohammadpur, Dhaka-1205.
13. ‘Urdu Literature before Partitioned’ Dhaka University Journal of Persian & Urdu, Department of Persian & Urdu, University of Dhaka, Dhaka 2006.
14. Moulana Shibly Nomani: Seek Knowledge and Distribution. Agrapothik Potrika, Islamic Foundation, Issue- 43, 1998, Dhaka.
15. Dekah Ki Nasri Tarikh Mein Mollah Wazhi ka Hcssa, Dhaka University Journal of Urdu, Volune- 5, Year- 2012, Dhaka University.
16. Ahsan Ahmad Ashk: Life and Contribution, Professor Dr. Zafar Ahmed Bhuiyan, Dhaka University Journal of Urdu, Department of Urdu, University of Dhaka. Vol: 1 Year: 2008.
17. The Contribution of Abdul Gafur Nassakh in Urdu Literature, Monthly Intekhay Journal, Dhaka, Volume-47, Page 33-37, Published 1995.
18. Department of Persian & Urdu, The Guardian a monthly of year choice, April 2004, Mohanagar Printers Limited, 81/1 Naya Poltan, Dhaka, Page- 127-129.
19. ‘Iqbal’s thoughts on contentment’, Dhaka University Journal of Urdu, Number-3, Volume-3, Year-2010, Dhaka University.