Areas of Major Interests:
- Labor Economics, Development Economics, International Trade and Microeconometrics
- Lecturer, Department of Economics, University of Dhaka, Dhaka (24th July, 2016 to date)
- Honorary Associate, SANEM (1st August, 2016 to date)
- Research Associate, South Asian Network on Economic Modeling, Dhaka (1st July, 2015 to 23 July, 2016)
- Program Associate, Center for Policy Dialogue, Dhaka (15th February, 2015 to 16th March, 2015)
- Master of Social Science (M.S.S.) in Economics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Result : CGPA 3.94/4.00; 1st in order of merit
- Bachelor of Social Science (B.S.S.) in Economics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Result : CGPA 3.92/4.00; 1st in order of merit
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) in Science, Notre Dame College, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Secondary School Certificate (SSC) in Science, Rani Bilash Moni Govt. Boys’ High School, Gazipur, Bangladesh.
Awards and Academic Achievements:
- Awarded with Shah A. M. S. Kibria Gold Medal, 2013 by the president of the Peoples’ Republic of Bangladesh for obtaining the highest CGPA in M.S.S. in Economics for the year of 2013
- Received Dean’s Award for obtaining the highest CGPA in B.S.S. in Economics from the faculty of Social Sciences, University of Dhaka in 2013
- Obtained government scholarship for the result in S.S.C in 2007
- Computer skills:
- Programming Language: C++
- Statistical Software: Stata, GAMS, EViews, SPSS
- Language skills:
- Proficient in Bengali and English
Raihan, S., & Uddin, M. (2016). How do Education and Skill development affect the Transition from ‘Good-enough’ Job to ‘Decent’ Job? In S. Raihan (Ed.), Structural Change and Dynamics of Labor Markets in Bangladesh: Studies on Labor and Employment (pp. 85-94). Dhaka: SANEM Publications.
Raihan, S., Rahman, M. M., Afroze, A., & Uddin, M. (2016). How does Remittance affect Labor Force Participation behavior and Employmant Choice in Bangladesh? In S. Raihan (Ed.), Structural Change and Dynamics of Labor Markets in Bangladesh (pp. 105-115). Dhaka: SANEM Publications.
Raihan, S., & Uddin, M. (2015, November 1). Why do Countries differ in Export Diversification? Thinking Aloud Vol 2 Issue 6 , 2. Dhaka, Bangladesh: SANEM Publications.
Raihan, S., & Uddin, M. (2015, July 1). Why are some countries able to invest more than others? Thinking Aloud Vol 2 Issue 2 , 2. Dhaka, Bangladesh: SANEM Publications.
Workshops and Trainings:
- Instructor of “An Introduction to the Statistical Software for Trade Policy Analysis (1 – 8 March, 2017)”, BFTI, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Instructor of “An Introduction to the Gravity Modeling using Stata (2 – 6 April, 2017)”, BFTI, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Co-instructor of First SANEM Training Program on Cutting Edge Methods in Applied International Trade (5-8 August, 2016), Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
- Participant of Workshop on Cutting Edge Research on Economic Growth, Dhaka, Bangladesh (February 19, 2016); organized by SANEM, DFID
- Participant of Workshop on Regional Cooperation on Trade, Climate Change and Food Security in South Asia: Reflections and Way Forward, Kathmandu, Nepal (December 27- December 28, 2015); organized by SAWTEE
- Participant of WTO/ESCAP 11th ARTNeT Workshop for Empirical Trade Analysis, Bangkok, Thailand (December 21 – 24 December, 2015); organized by WTO, UN-ESCAP
- Participant of 3rd SARNET Training on LABOUR ECONOMICS: THEORIES, METHODOLOGIES AND RESEARCH ISSUES, New Delhi, India (27 October – 7 November 2015) ; organized by Institute For Human Development, India
- Participant of SARNET Regional Conference on LABOUR MARTKETS, EMPLOYMENT AND SOCIAL PROTECTION, New Delhi, India (24-25 October, 2015); organized by Institute For Human Development, India
- Participant of 8th South Asian CGE Modeling Training, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh (4 August – 8 August, 2015); organized by SANEM, SAWTEE and Center for WTO studies
Professor Dr. Nazma Begum,
Department of Economics,
University of Dhaka
Dr. Selim Raihan,
Executive Director SANEM,
Professor, Department of Economics,
University of Dhaka
Contact: +8801714168866; E-mail: email@example.com