Details of Mr. Debasish Kumar Kundu
Debasish Kumar Kundu
Department of Sociology,
Room Number 534. Social Sciences Building.
University of Dhaka, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now working as Assistant Professor in Department of Sociology, University of Dhaka since 26 June, 2013 to present
- Worked as Lecturer in Department of Sociology, University of Dhaka since 14 July, 2011 to 25 June, 2013. .
- Worked as Assistant Professor in Department of Sociology, Jagannath University, Dhaka since 13 October, 2010 to 14 July, 2011.
- Worked as Lecturer in Department of Sociology, Jagannath University, Dhaka since 7 October, 2008 to 12 October, 2010.
- Part time Teacher in Department of Women and Gender Studies, University of Dhaka from January, 2008 to October, 2008.
- Worked as Senior Research Associate in Research and Evaluation Division (RED) of BRAC from April, 2007 to October, 2008
- Ph.D researcher in Department of Social Sciences, Environment Policy Group, Wageningen University, The Netherlands.
- Master of Social Sciences in Sociology Result: 1st class 1st position in order of merit, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Kundu, D.K., A.P.J.Mol and A. Gupta (2016), Failing Arsenic Mitigation Technology in Rural Bangladesh: Explaining Stagnation in Niche Formation of the Sono Filter, Water Policy. DOI: 10.2166/wp.2016.014
- Kundu, D.K.; B. Van Vliet; A. Gupta (2016), The consolidation of deep tube well technology in safe drinking water provision: the case of arsenic mitigation in rural Bangladesh, Asian Journal of Technology Innovation. doi: 10.1080/19761597.2016.1190286
- Kundu, D.K., A. Gupta; A.P.J.Mol; M. Nasreen (2016), Framing social acceptability of arsenic safe technologies in rural Bangladesh: A user-oriented analysis, Water Policy. 18 (2): 318–334. doi: 10.2166/wp.2015.026
- Islam, Lamia and D.K. Kundu (2016), Transformation of power in rural power structure of Bangladesh: An outlook from 1960s to 2000s, The Journal of Social Studies, 150: 31-49.
- Kundu, D.K. and M. Samadder, (2013). Bundle of tears versus strength of numbers: A study on gender Justice and group dynamics in Bangladesh. The Journal of Social Studies, 137: 56- 75.
- Kundu, D.K. and T.B.Das.(2012), Combating Sexual Harassment in Educational Institutions: Shifting the Status Quo from Disparity to Equality, The Journal of Social Studies, 134: 65-78.
- Kundu, D.K.(2011), Struggling with “flexibility”: A Case on Ethnic Conflict and Citizenship Crisis in Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) of Bangladesh, The Journal of Social Studies, 132: 1-16.
- Kundu, D.K. and Samadder, M.(2010), Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and gender justice in Bangladesh: Myth and Reality, Journal of Institute of Bangladesh Studies, 33: 1-16.
- Kundu, D.K. and Khan, M. M. (2010), Rethinking Globalization and Cultural Imperialism: Developing World Perspective, The Journal of Social Studies, 128: 31-50.
- Uddin A K M Jamal, Khan, M. M. and Kundu, D.K. (2010), Globalization and Resistance: An anti-capitalist manifesto. Society and Change Vol. IV (3): 7-18.
- Nasreen,M and Kundu, D.K. (2008), The Sociology of Monga: Some illustrations from Northern Part of Bangladesh, Social Science Review, Dhaka University Studies, Part-D, pp.
- Nasreen,M and Kundu, D.K. (2008), Gender Role of Women in Coping with Monga in the Northern Region of Bangladesh, Journal of Institute of Bangladesh Studies, 31.
- Nasreen,M. Hossain,K.M. and Kundu,.D.K. (2006), The Interrelationship between Poverty, Environment and Sustainable Development: an overview, Bangladesh e-journal of Sociology, 2(3), 59-79.
Research Reports and Monographs
- Kundu, D.K., Samadder,M., Khan, A. and Naomi, S.S. (2011), State of justice in Chittagong Hill Tracts: Exploring the formal and informal justice institutions of the indigenous communities” Monograph 44, Research and Evaluation Division (RED), BRAC. Cited in: www.bracresearch.org
- Kundu, D.K., and Sammadder, M. (2010), Revisiting Group Dynamics and Legal Rights, Working paper 15, BRAC-RED, Cited in: www.bracresearch.org
- Kundu, D.K., Khan, A., and Sammadder, M.(2010), Understanding Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) for the rural Women in Bangladesh: Some illustrations from BRAC’s HRLS program, Working paper 13, BRAC-RED, Cited in www.bracresearch.org
- Kundu, D.K., A Gupta, M Nasreen and APJ. Mol, (2015). Socio-technical experiments with Sub-surface arsenic removal technology for safe drinking water: Evidences from rural Bangladesh, International WATer Conference 2015, Oklahoma University, Norman, Okla, USA.
- Kundu, D.K., A. Gupta, M. Nasreen, and A. P.J. Mol. (2013), Dynamics of social acceptability of arsenic mitigation technologies in Rural Bangladesh: Lessons from three technologies, GeoGen 2013 Conference, held on 5-8 February, 2013 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia jointly organized by The Swiss Federal Institute for Aquatic Science and Technology (Eawag), Addis Ababa University and the Chemical Society of Ethiopia.
- Kundu, D.K. and M. Nasreen. (2013). From contamination to conflict: Water, arsenic and technologies in Bangladesh, International Conference on “Water Resources in South Asia: Conflicts to Cooperation (WRSA-CC)” held on January 4-5, 2013 in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Hossain, M and Kundu, D.K. (2008), The role of tobacco cultivation in environmental degradation of Bangladesh: A case study on Chittagong hill tracts, Seminar on World Environment Day-2008, jointly organized by Department of Sociology, University of Dhaka and Bangladesh Poribesh Andolon (BAPA), 5 June, 2008.
- Islam, Q.S., Marufa, A and Kundu, D.K. (2008), Cultural construction of nutrition care of TB patients: Perception and experience of community people in rural settings of Bangladesh, abstract published in the NORAD International Conference on Health held on July 29, 2008 at Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Natural Hazards by Springer
- The Journal of Social Studies
- STEPS Summer School 2013, Institute of Development Studies (IDS), Sussex University, United Kingdom, 11-24 May, 2013.
- ToT on disaster management, Bangladesh Academy of Rural Development, Comilla, Bangladesh