Department of Statistics, Biostatistics & Informatics
A:Room # 513, International Hall,
University of Dhaka, Dhaka-1000
Professional, committed, qualified person possessing excellent administrative, verbal communication and written skills along with constructive and effective teaching methods that promote a stimulating learning environment.Passionate about applying my skills and knowledge to exploit information required for high-calibre delivery of technical advice and improvement requirements.
- Masters of Science (Statistics, Biostatistics & Informatics), University of Dhaka, 2014
Result: GPA- 4.00 out of 4.00, Position: 1st
- Bachelor of Science(Statistics, Biostatistics & Informatics),University of Dhaka, 2013
Result: CGPA- 3.92out of 4.00, Position: 1st
- Higher Secondary Certificate (Science), New Govt. Degree College, Rajshahi, 2008
Result: GPA- 5.00 out of 5.00
- Secondary School Certificate (Science), Gulta Bazar Bi-Lateral High School, Tarash, Sirajgonj, 2006
Result: GPA- 5.00 out of 5.00
- Deans Award, 2013: Achieved the Deans award for outstanding performance in B.S. (Hons.).
- Kaji Motahar Hossain award, 2013: Achieved for being first in B.S. (Hons.)
- Worked in a research project titled “A Study on Migration Characteristics and Influence of Remittance on the Economy of Bangladesh”. Supervisor: Mohammad Ahsan Uddin, Assistant professor, Dept. of Statistics, Biostatistics & Informatics. Duration: 1 year (March, 2013 to March, 2014).
- M.S. Thesis: Title: Negative Statistical Regression Model for Count Data: An Approach for Marginal Inference. Supervisor: Wasimul Bari, PhD, Professor, Dept. of Statistics, Biostatistics & Informatics. Duration: 1.5 years (July, 2014 to January, 2016).
Participated a training workshop on sampling, May 17-21, 2015, icddr,b, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Programming Languages & Packages:R Programming Environment, STATA, Statistical Analysis System (SAS), Statistical Packages for Social Sciences (SPSS), FORTRAN .
- Able in writting reports and paper in Latex.
- Net Browsing: Able to search required information through Googling and net surfing.
- MS Office:Expert in MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Typing Skill: Efficient in typing both English and Bengali.
AREAS OF TEACHING INTEREST
All the elementary and advanced courses in statistics including Basic Statistics, Basic Probability and Hypothesis Testing, Sampling Techniques,Design and Analysis of Experiments,Regression Analysis, Time Series Analysis, Categorical Data Analysis,Operations Research, Demography, Robust Statistics, Research Methodology,Mathematical Statistics,Multivariate Statistical Analyses, Order Statistics, Non-parametric Statistics, Statistical Inference, Stochastic Processes, Artificial Intelligence,Biostatistics, Econometrics etc.
AREAS OF RESEARCH INTEREST
Zero Inflated Count Data Analysis, Overdispersed Count Data Analysis, Survival Analysis, Longitudinal Data Analysis, Epidemiology, Public Health, Data Mining, Bioinformatics, Statistical Genetics, Discrimination and Classification, Nonparametric Statistical Applications, Demographic and Econometric Analysis and Applications.
- : Excellent, as mother tongue.
- : Smart, as medium of education and overall communication.
Participated various cultural programs of Statistics, Biostatistics & Informatics Department, DU.
- Communicative, self-motivated, industrious and punctual.
- Excellent report writing skill in both English and Bengali.
- Good analytical and presentation skills.
- Able to work in group and individual working environment.
- Ability to adapt in any given situation and environment.
- Experienced in adopting leadership roles.
- Adoptive to new technology and quick learner.
- Co-operative and innovative.
- Full name: Mirajul Islam
- Father Name:Abdul Hamid
- Mother Name: Ferdousi Begum
- Date of Birth: 25.10.1990
- Present Address:Room No- 513, International Hall, Dhaka University.
- Permanent Address: Village: Sanduria, P.O.: Baruhash , Thana: Tarash, District: Sirajgonj
- Blood group: A+
- Nationality: Bangladeshi
- Religion: Islam
- Marital Status: Single