Program: B.Sc. in Nuclear Engineering
1. Admission: Students will be admitted to the department as per university rules.
2. Duration of the Program: 4 years.
3. Total Semesters: 4 × 2 = 8 (2 Semesters per year).
4. Breakdown of each semester (Duration of Six academic calendar months):
- Class: Fifteen (15) active weeks
- Preparatory Leave (PL): Two (2) weeks. No separate break for in-course examinations.
- Semester Final Examinations: Two/Three (2/3) weeks
- Evaluation of Scripts and Publication of Results: Within two months from the last date of theory exam is desirable.
- Vacation: No break between semesters; only the usual university vacations apply.
5. Total Number of Credits in 8 semesters (4 years): 160
Total credits to be completed for obtaining the degree of B.Sc. in Nuclear Engineering is 160.
Classes/Contact Hours for the Courses:
- For each credit of a theory course, there will be 1 class per week of 1 hour duration.
- Total classes in a semester for each credit of a theory course will be 15 (15 × 1).
- Total Contact Hours in a semester for each 1.0 credit theory course: 15 × 1 = 15.
- For each 1.5 credit lab course, there will be 1 class per week of 3.0 hours duration.
- Total classes in a semester for each 1.5 credit lab course in 15 weeks: 15 × 1 = 15.
- Total Contact Hours in a semester for each 1.5 credit lab course: 14 × 3.0 = 42.
Evaluation of the Courses: As per university rules.